Saturday, June 11, 2011

Les Paul Biography

Polsfuss Lester William was born on June 9, 1915 and died on August 12, 2009. Lester William Polsfuss better known as Les Paul. Les Paul is the American jazz and country guitarist, songwriter and also an inventor. Les Paul was a pioneer in the development of solid-body electric guitar that makes the sound of rock and roll.

Among many awards, Paul is one of the few artists with the exhibition, still stands alone in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Les Paul obviously named by the music museum at the site as an "architect" and a "sworn in key" along with Sam Phillips and Alan Freed.

Les Paul Biography, Paul designed a solid-body electric guitar in 1941, however, when the Les Paul Standard is ready for production by the Gibson Guitar Company in 1952, Leo Fender was mass produced in Fender Broadcaster four years earlier, thus beating the popular Paul credit for this invention.

NLes Paul Biographyevertheless, the Les Paul obtained a loyal following, and flexibility and balance to make the preferred instruments such figures as Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, and Peter Frampton. Before focusing his attention on the design of the electric guitar, Paul is a country-jazz musicians working and performing with his own Les Paul Trio in the 1930s and with singers such as Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters in 1940, and for a time had his own program radio in Chicago. In 1950, while continuing to do more with his wife, Mary Ford (real name Colleen Summers, b. July 7, 1924, Pasadena, Calif.-d 30 September, 1977 Los Angeles, Calif..)-Paul pioneered the development of multitrack recording and is credited with have found the eight-track tape recorder first and overdubbing techniques.

Inventor of solid body electric guitar, multi-track cassette recorder first, guitar-driven synthesizer and other electronic devices. His first electric guitar solid-body built using part of a railroad tie as the base. He jokingly called it a "log", and designed two small decorative piece to put on it to make it look more like an acoustic guitar. Elected to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (under the category Early Influence) in 1988. Inducted into the Big Band and Jazz Hall of Fame in 1990.

That Les Paul Biography, throughout life until now has always been an inspiration for musicians and artists.

Les Paul Quotes


  • "When I got my first guitar my fingers wouldn't go to the sixth string so I took off the big E and played with just five strings. I was only 6 or 7.
  • "I have younger friends who don’t work, and they aren’t doing so well. My secret is to keep going, keep working."
  • "Steve used to walk through the room I stayed in to get to the bathroom. One day, he must have been 5 years old, Steve said to me, 'Are you Mr. Paul?' I said yes. He was looking at my guitar and I asked him, 'Do you play guitar?' And he said, 'A little bit.' So I handed him my guitar and he played it and I said, 'Gee, you're good. Someday you'll be doing what I'm doing.' I was his mentor . . . but then I watched him take everything he admired and copied and learned and become Steve Miller. He's a very, very good blues guitarist."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive