Friday, June 10, 2011

(Not Quite as) Fat Joe: Rapper Drops 160 Pounds!

Rapper Fat Joe's new single is called "Drop a Body."


That's appropriate, since he pretty much has. The hip-hopper, best known for his #1 single "Lean Back" with Remy Ma, recently dropped 88 pounds.


That's on top of 72 he had already shed from his peak weight of 425 (you can see how he got his name). Joe is now down to a respectable 265!


Not Quite as Fat JoeFat Joe Picture


Fat Joe now and just three short years ago.


The reason is simple: "I can't leave my daughter behind," he says of of 5-year-old Azaryah. "I want to be here for her; I don't want to die on her."


Joe says he dropped the weight over the past nine months by working out two hours a day with a trainer, and by sticking to healthier foods.


After seven of his friends in their 30s passed away last year due to heart attacks, Fat Joe turned around his life. But will he change his name?


"They're all trying to alter my name," he laughed, "but I can't see myself as anything else ... I think I gotta ask Diddy what my new name is."


[Photos: WENN.com]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive